As planners, we often find ourselves tying the bow ties of grooms and groomsmen. We think it’s an invaluable skill, and when we saw this cute and easy to follow tutorial on BHLDN, we had to share.
1. Right-handeds, pull the right side 2-3 inches longer than the left and then loop it over the left side to tie. Left-handeds, replace the word ‘left’ where it says ‘right’ from here on out.
2. Holding the top piece up to your face, pull the lower piece to the right and fold it across the front so that it forms half of the bow.
3. Bring the top piece down over your half-bow.
4. Fold both ends of the half-bow together in front of you.
5. Notice the loop created behind your half-bow. Pull the dangling piece toward the right, fold it into your other half-bow, and then back it into (and through) the loop.
6. Once through, hold on to both the loops and flat pieces, gently tugging and tightening to finish the look. Don’t you look handsome!
Now you don’t have to be afraid to buy self-tie bow ties like BHLDN’s navy and red stripe Bespoke or their olive Dapper Dots.
images and instructions via bhldn